Matthew Podolsky is an award-winning documentary filmmaker, biologist, and an expert in wildlife and conservation advocacy. We talk with Matt about monorails, Afroman, documentary techniques, blind designs, wrangling condors, and recovering a dead body from the Grand Canyon. And (Spoiler Alert): the Chicago Cubs have won the World Series! It’s a brand new world. Welcome to episode 166 of the Chris Brake Show!
Matthew Podolsky Topics
- Podolsky’s Emmy nomination
- flying over Indianapolis
- why Boise and Indianapolis don’t have a monorail
- why Boise is awesome
- would you ride a monorail?
- Afroman’s Idaho song
- Podolsky’s documentary techniques
- Podolsky’s chair blind design
- recovering a dead body from the Grand Canyon
- wrangling condors
- turkey vultures – will they eat until they explode? Tom Waits says they do.
- Podolsky weighs in on Jake’s predator/prey interaction tendencies – are they sick or something great?
- Cincinatti zoo tree cutting ants
- ant farms
- Podolsky’s pet hermit crab incident
- non-native invasive species
- alligator pets
- big lizard in your backyard
- how alligators work
- Podolsky’s Boston connection
- why condors are dying
- are they trying to take our guns?
- White Man’s Burden
- salt in your ketchup
- organic ketchup
Matthew Podolsky Links
Also In This Episode
- Jake called it: Cubs won the World Series
- Chris went to Wrigleyville
- Uber pool vs the L in Chicago
- hanging with the Time’s Eyes family in Chicago
- riding the hot car in chicago