Big companies are spying on you and selling your data to whoever wants it. Trip Elix is fighting back. We talk with Trip about what we can do to protect our data, ItsMyInfo.org, the Button Brigade, fun ways you can disrupt your data, and why Facebook took away Trip Elix’s ‘like’ button, and how you can do it too!
Trip Elix Topics
- what is a hacker?
- how hackers protect the Internet and expose government injustice
- corporations stealing our data & putting it online
- your name is your private property
- what actually is public?
- why they can’t take down Wikileaks
- United Nations want to hold ISPs responsible for defamation
- Indiana town that uses its own currency
- why stuff you post on Facebook, Twitter, etc affects your credit report
- Mormons own ancestry.com, sell data on what they dig up
- Homeland Security giving grants to cities to spy on citizens
- traffic cameras tracking license plates
- who can buy this information?
- Edward Snowden
- importance of exposing Acxiom
- corporations pose biggest threat, not the government
- ExactData and Larry Organ
- spyware and malware, how they spy on you
- hidden pixels
- how to protect yourself online with Privacy Badger and Ghostery
- how to fight back
- how you can disrupt your data
- junk mail, spam, telemarketing nonsense
- Citizens United saying corporations are people
- HOPE in New York City, July 22
Trip Elix Links
Check out Trip’s website itsmyinfo.org to get your name off of spam and junk mail lists.
Visit TripElix.com to get a free guide on how to avoid identity theft, and for more information about Trip.
Tweet to Trip Elix @trip_elix
Click the image below to check out Trip’s new book, A Right to Property.
Click the image below to check out Trip’s other awesome book, Extortionware.
Check out the Youtube playlist below for an Extortionware trailer and more from Trip Elix!
Also In This Episode
Knucklehead Nick is at it again. Now he’s threatening to sue the Chris Brake Show on behalf of Indiana Talks. Yikes!
And Ya Boy Jake talks mysteriously about a hypothetical deposition situation.